|OddMix VACUUM TUBE - B4998|
B4998 B-4998 Nixie Numerical Indicator Tube Burroughs Miniature Reference
This is an original Burroughs B4998 or B-4998 Nixie long life numerical indicator tube. It is has ten cathodes, numerals 0-9. The tube emits a bright neon red color. These tubes were made in 1969 and of the smallest Burroughs Co. ever made. This size is quite rare as they were produced for miniature equipments. The B-4998 is socketed or soldered to a PC board. Recommended operating voltage is 170 VDCmin, and around 1 mA typical. These tubes were used in many early large scale computers, binary and digital counters equipments and special circuits. Excellent for antique instrument restoration projects or to set up a private tube museum. Tube data for reference only - no longer available!
• B4998, B-4998 Numerical Nixie Indicator Tube
• MFG: Burroughs - Display Readout Neon Tube
• Counter/Display applications
• Quality Made by Burroughs ECD, 1969, NJ, USA
• Power: 150-170 VDCmin, 1 mAtyp
• Long Life - 20,000 hrs. - using AC
• Size: Oval, flat 15 x 11 x 25 H [mm] with wires
• Base: 13-pin all glass • Only 3 grams each!
• No longer Available
• Data For Reference Only